Tuesday, March 11, 2014

FUN-raising

Last week felt like Christmas.

Maybe even a little better.


I have been struggling with my fundraising and wasn't seeing as quick results as I had hoped. I hoped my friends would see my fb requests and read my blog and just donate, but it wasn't happening and I was feeling discouraged and I felt stuck. I began to worry if I would even make close to the amount I was required.

My TNT mentor, Danielle, sent us an email with a challenge.

I figured, what can it hurt? Dream big and I might get a decent amount, dream bigger and I could get $1,000, dream the biggest and I may even make my goal.

I posted the challenge Monday afternoon and immediately I saw results.

The donation emails started coming in like hot cakes!
I was getting donations from people from high school, college, sorority sisters, family, acquaintances, and even strangers.

I was definitely feeling the love and the support. 
It was almost overwhelming.

I wanted to show immediate thanks to my donaters and keep the buzz in people's ear about my challenge, so every time I got a donation I gave that individual their very own facebook shout out. 
It's just two days I raised $400, in three days it was over $500, in four days, it was over $800, and the last day I reached over $1,000. It was AMAZING!
What took me to the top was my aunt, who graciously donated the $600 to get me to my goal! I was speechless, I literally thought I was going to start crying when I saw the email from TNT telling me I made my goal.

But it wasn't over with yet! Donations still came in! My friends continue to donate and I ended up raising $3,670! That's $470 OVER my initial goal and commitment.

Now I have made a new goal. To raise $1,000 over my commitment of $3,200. If I am able to do this, I earn ROCKSTAR Status. My singlet will have rockstar on the back and i'll earn a pin and certificate. 

But more than, it shows that I have an awesome support system, because I definitely would not have anything if it wasn't for all of my amazing family and friends!


Now I just have to run a half marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment