Saturday, July 19, 2014

5 for Friday (ehhh Saturday)



 I'm a little behind again for my 5 for Friday, so it's 5 for the day after Friday.
During the summer it rains almost every day in Florida (I say almost because it hasn't rained for two days & I'm doing a little sun dance)
The rain comes in big & usually lasts only a few hours, but it comes in fast & hard & then it's gone. It really puts a damper on outdoor activities, but when it's over it leaves a pretty amazing going away present:
Double rainbow & no filter used. The sky was on fire that evening.

My Erin Condren Teacher Lesson Planner came in the mail this week! In the past, I have had her Life Planner & Life Wedding Planner & loved them both. They were especially great for the 2012-2013 year when I was teaching, in grad school, & planning a wedding. I'm hoping I can use the TLP to its full potential this year. I love that it's personalized. I may have been "Mrs. Alexander" for a year now, but I still get a little smitten to be a Mrs. 
And I just loved the sand dollars, thought it would be perfect for Florida.

Like I mentioned in Made It Monday, I had my first HR meeting this week with the district. I didn't learn as much as I hoped, it was just an hour of pushing as much paperwork at us as possible, followed by ANOTHER round of fingerprinting (my 4th in a year--you'd think they would've found a way to simplify this, but I guess if I'm paying it doesn't matter) & another round of drug testing. The drug testing requirement is new to me, drug testing is not required in the midwest. 
Hopefully my results get processed quickly so I can finally get into my classroom and meet with my team. I'm getting anxious to want to get more figured out and get the piles of classroom things that are building up in my apartment out of here.
Today I needed some ME time. I'm bad about doing things for myself (like pedis or getting my hair done). Usually, those things come every few months (maybe even a year..) I have a hard time spending money on things like that.
Brandon, the hubs, got home from a 28 hour shift around 11:30 am & has been sleeping most of the day. Doctor's wife & still new Floridian has it's lonely times. Thankful for our new apartment location, I only had to walk downstairs to the nail salon to get my toes touched by OPI's Short Story.


 I had to dig for this last one, but in connection to #4, I've been feeling a little lonely these days & missing my Missouri friends & family a lot lately. I haven't seen a lot of friends since Christmas break & we've seen both sides of our family on & off for random/short visits since then. But I'm very excited because we have a few weddings coming up in the fall that we are able to go back & be apart of. One of Brandon's best friends (& our Best Man) is getting married Labor Day weekend in St. Louis (B is the best man for him) and we are both flying back for. Another one of Brandon's good friends is getting married two weeks later (B's a groomsmen) in Dallas--as of now I can't go, but I'm staying hopefully it'll work out. And finally, I am flying back to St. Louis in November for a sorority sister's wedding. Lots of friend & family time in the next few months & here's to more SW Rapid Rewards!

Cheers to a new week!








No comments:

Post a Comment