Sunday, February 8, 2015

Teacher Threads: Plaid

I love the plaid trend that has been around the last year. I love finding ways to wear it out and to work. Florida winters can be very tricky, especially being a teacher. The mornings can be cold, but the temps could get pretty hot by the afternoon or the AC could be not working in my building. It's also been colder on and off these last few weeks, so I have to find something to wear that covers all those possibilities.


 Button down is from Target (here) sweater found on clearance at Gap, necklace Banana Republic Factory Outlet, blue cords BR Factory Outlet, and boots from Macy's two years ago. 

I love these skinny cords from Banana Republic Factory Outlet! I have them in grey, black, navy blue, and purple. I would get them in every color if I could! They are Ryan Fit and I get a size 4. The size 4 is pretty popular so when I find my size I usually try to scoop it up quickly! I am have searching for several years for the cream pants, but every time they are in stock I can never find my size.
These pants are perfect for fall through spring, you can dress them down or up. Great with boots and flats, sweaters, and graphic tees. 
I was excited to buy the navy blue pair because they look so similar to a skinny jeans. It is perfect for those shirts in your closet that don't look good with dress pants.

My next favorite plaid is the Buffalo Plaid! I looked high and low for this shirt and finally found it at H&M.

I paired it with my most favorite maxi I've ever owned. I purchased it from Target last summer; it is so comfy, flattering, and I can wear it with so much all year round!
Gold engravable necklace from Stella & Dot (here)




No comments:

Post a Comment