Thursday, September 6, 2012

No Sew Drapes

Drapes really pull a room together and are necessary for that early morning/late afternoon sun, but nice ones can be pricy. Following a blog's instructions at The Yellow Cape Cod, I was able to make my own fabulous bedroom drapes! I've also been really into stripes over the last year...

 You will need:
1. White Panel Drapes from Target (on sale for 26.99) I
     was lucky to find them in a pack of two, usually you
     have to purchase each one individually.
2. Brown cotton fabric from JoAnn's (1.49 yd)
3. Fusible Stitch Webbing from JoAnn's (3)
4. Brown Ribbon from JoAnn's (4)
5. Iron












I measured out 10 inch panels and marked the spots with paper clips. 
The size was perfect for a 42 inch curtain. I was able to make four panels.




 I sealed the back of the fabric using the fusible webbing. The instructions say to use water when ironing. After doing this every few inches of the fabric and ribbon, I found it not to be a very successful in the "sticky" situation, so plan B. I ended up doing it without water and it worked just as well, and was faster!
Place the ribbon over the fabric and seal with fusible webbing using the iron.


 TA-DA! We have fabulous and trendy drapes for half or less the cost of store-bought. Please ignore my inability to hang things straight, when it was all said and done I probably added 4 holes to each side and it's still not 100% straight.

















No comments:

Post a Comment