Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pinterest Chevron Pumpkin Fail

This was a first for me. A Pinterst Fail. I saw this adorable DIY to make Chevron Pumpkins HERE and thought easy-peasy! Not so much, here was my first attempt.






 I found the plastic pumpkins and painter's tape from Michaels Craft Store.

I taped them off, using and exacto-knife to trim it as needed to make the Chevron pattern (that too a few hours!) And then I spray painted. This was my downfall. With the pumpkin having grooves, no matter how much I tried to get the tape to stick, paint still found a way under the tape! It also didn't spray on very well.


Bubble Gum machine & Bud Light??




















I did attempt this pinterest project again. This time I purchased more foam-like pumpkins hoping the paint would sink into the pumpkin instead of drip. I also decided to paint the little black one with acrylic  paint instead of spray, this worked alright, but I still had some leaking. My second attempt came out better, but still not great. At this point, I'm making due with my finished product and camouflaging them on my mantle so you can't tell they are a failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment