Monday, November 5, 2012

Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

I don't know what's come over me. I love Christmas time, but I never, never, ever, put myself in a Christmas state of mind till after Thanksgiving. I avoid Christmas radio stations, walk past the brightly colored aisles, and don't think Christmas till Black Friday has come and gone.

But this time it's different and I've been taken over by something holly and jolly. I'm not sure if it's my subconscious wanting holidays to come faster so it means 5-26-13 is closer or what but I felt the urge to pack up my Halloween decor on November 1st. I told myself this year I wouldn't need to buy any new holiday decorations...not happening.


Last year I went with a natural-woodland theme. I stuck to browns, burlaps, and pine cones. 


This is still coming out. I love it! Steps coming later.


50 pine cones later






















While walking in TJMaxx, I was inspired by a different theme this year. 






I am spending Thanksgiving with Brandon and friends in Dallas while he is on a med school rotation. I have traveled to many cities and many states, but never Texas! I am really excited for a southern, every thing's bigger and brighter Texan Thanksgiving with great friends! And I'm off the hook for cooking the turkey for another year---I told my mom last year I would cook the turkey when I got engaged..HAH!


Took 3 months to get a mani







Wedding planning is coming right along, things have kind of slowed down after the initial deposits have been made, and now taking a breather and doing the fun stuff! We registered two weeks ago and took our engagement pictures last Saturday in our old stomping grounds: Springfield, MO.
A little sneak peek of what may or may not have happened during our pictures.... 




















Although the town has changed a bit, I still get happy, homey feelings driving around, and get so jealous of the carefree college kids I see...and I just said kids, wow. 


One thing has stayed the same
It turned out to be a beautiful day {November--who would've thought?} I can't WAIT to see them...and I'm totally not checking our photographer's Facebook page every few hours...or my email...or her blog. Patience is a virtue. 


I'll leave you with my only Thanksgiving decoration... Gobble, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment