Thursday, December 20, 2012

For the Wall

I have a hard time with bare walls, they are like a blank canvas ready for me to nail something to it, no wall in our apartment is left untouched!
_________________________________________________________________
Blank Frames


We have an accent wall in our kitchen/dining room that was perfect for a blank frames. All the frames were purchased from Goodwills and thrift shops and in total, cost was under $11. Remove all the glass and pictures so only the frames are left. I bought Krylon Spray paint in primer and ivory. 



This frame used to be a mirror I bought for $10. I removed the mirror and spray painted with primer. I originally used Navy Blue, but changed it to orange after we moved into our apartment.


Chicken wire was purchased from Home Depot and hot glued inside the large frame to hold announcements, important information, wedding invites, and now Christmas Cards :-) 

_________________________________________________________________________________
Gallery Wall

Like I said, no wall is left untouched. Including our hallway. My dad always had a gallery wall in our house and after we got our engagement pictures we had good ones to work with.

JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby had a sale on their fames for 50% off, so I bought an assortment.

Nailing frames into the wall usually includes me making many pencils marks on the wall and guestimation {my favorite not real word} of where things should go...leaving plenty of holes.
But I've learned a thing or two from Pinterest and pulled out all the tricks, making this project so much easier!

Using the paper from inside the frames I taped them to the wall to see how I wanted it to be organized.
I put toothpaste on the back of the frame hooks and pushed them to the wall to leave a mark where the nail should go.

Blank wall before
Added a proposal picture & our Florida trip







I had my first snow day today! Although, I didn't particularly want this one, being two days before break and having a lot to get done at school, I did enjoy sleeping in and relaxing with this guy all day. But it was pretty, freakin' cold out!






No comments:

Post a Comment