Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday: Classroom Design Take 2

If you looked at my Pinterest board BEFORE I got engaged/married, you would see a lot of differences to what my actual wedding ending up being.
What I thought I wanted/envisioned ended up changing completely once it was actually here & new ideas popped up every where {thanks to all the wonderful and new things on Pinterest}.

So, where am I going with this…well in 3 weeks, before even entering my classroom I have already changed my mind on my classroom theme/design…thank YOU Pinterest.

I originally thought I wanted black with BRIGHT NEON colors! 
Thank goodness I didn't do any purchasing, because I completely changed my mind once again:

Here is my new direction, my Lilly Pulitzer inspired colored scheme. 

It was the bottom left Pin that set my wheels in motion and I immediately went to JoAnn's to stock up on supplies for my "About Me" Board for Meet the Teacher Night {final product coming Made it Monday}


I think it was the bright, cool colors with a bit of pattern mixed in that I just loved. It feels calm and refreshing. And I think it will be a little easier focusing on a few key colors, instead of a rainbow color pallet. 
Can't wait for it all to come together in the end!

Here's the links to my Pinspiration:
 On Wednesday, I was able to see my classroom and the school again. I was so lucky, because two other 4th grade teachers were there organizing their rooms and I got to meet them and able to get a lot of my questions answered. I FEEL so much better and my anxiety about the new year has gone way down.
Now starts the two week countdown to the first day of school!
And I was totally that girl taking pics of all the new stuff with my name on it!

Just around the corner is my one year anniversary of being a FLORIDIAN! It has been such a fun first year living here. I most definitely did not miss the cold weather of Missouri, especially after the winter they had last year. There are things I do miss, like season changes {especially Fall}, and of course our family and friends being close. But the opportunities we can have here by living in Florida make up for it. 
This year I want to do more outdoor activities, first being Stand Up Paddle Boarding. I wish the boards weren't so freakin expensive; I would have had my own yesterday. 
But for now, I made a reservation to have a 90 minute lesson tomorrow at the lake by our place through Kindred Boards or find Groupon deals.

Found these adorable resources for my new room theme that have already been added to my TPT cart!

Sneak Peek into my room! Can't wait to get my hands in there and get it 4th grade ready!

Cheers and happy Friday friends!

I will keep asking for help until those pin buttons disappear, how the poo can I get those things off my blog. HELP me blog masters!





1 comment:

  1. I love your colors! They are calming and look clean and fresh. Have fun decorating for your new year. A 90 minute lesson on a stand up paddle board sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete