Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It & A Peek at my Week!

Double Linking Party today with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It and Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for a Peek at My Week.
Only one made it project this week, my focus is the fact that this is the last week before pre-planning and work officially begins.

I just LOVE my WRITE sign that I painted this week. I bought a roll of white burlap from JoAnn's and yellow and black paint. I cut out the pencil shapes and painted. They are probably about a foot long. 
I can't wait to hang it above my writing center.

Now a peek at my week. Last week of summer, but I already feel like I'm back at work with everything that's happening this week to get READY for work.

Monday
I was up bright and early to get started on my classroom. I was excited and anxious. I received our schedule of pre-planning week Saturday night and it sent me into a mini anxiety attack. I keep telling myself it will all come together. It always does.

Now, my classroom.
This morning was rough; really, really rough.
I got everything out of my apartment and up to my classroom, but my room was a SAUNA!
It was 87 degrees in my room, I'm on the 2nd floor, and it's Florida.
It was so miserable. The top left picture is me after about 10 minutes sitting in the room. I was seriously DRIPPING sweat, it would not stop. I felt dizzy and nauseous. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that could be done about it. I was told it should be on next week.
 I could only stay for 1.5 hours total and really did not get anything done. I just unpacked my bins from home.
Again, I feel overwhelmed and stressed.
I allowed myself a few little tears on the way home.
But sucked it up and told myself again:

It will come together, it always does.
It will be okay.

I'm now home blogging, cleaning, and a little crafting. 
Add guacamole and mac 'n cheese and I'm feeling much better.

Tuesday and Wednesday
All new hires are required to attend a two day conference on district rules and regulations, code of ethics, classroom management, diversity, etc etc. 

Thursday
One word: FOOTBALL!!
I have been waiting for this day for 8 long months! 
Granted it's pre-season, true Sunday football starts September 7th.
But I am just so happy to see it back.


And I will squeeze in some day time in my classroom, hopefully the air will be on, or the TWO fans I purchased today will help.

 Friday
Last day in my classroom before work officially starts Monday.

Saturday
Working at the child development center in the morning, but hoping I can squeeze in a little back to school clothes shopping for myself. 
(using my CC rewards)
I feel like I'll need a little pick me up.

Sunday
Hopefully RELAXING with the hubs.
Yesterday, B and I were able to spend the whole day at Cocoa Beach with our friends and their family. It was such a great day. B got to surf and I got to lay out and have girl talk.
My skin may be paying for it today, but it's always worth it.
And it ended with a fabulous BBQ by the ocean. 
I'll leave with a picture of the beautiful sunset. Florida does it better than any place I've ever been.

Cheers!




3 comments:

  1. What an amazing picture of the sunset! It is really a bummer that your room was so hot. I'm sure that did absolutely nothing for your stress level. But you are right...it WILL all come together, even if you have to compromise a little. Just remember, the kids don't know what you had planned that you didn't finish anyways. :)

    Glad you could link up this week. I hope you'll visit the party again!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Chiefs! I'm a fan of them too :) Probably not as hard core as you though.
    I go back officially on Thursday and don't feel like I've accomplished very much either so far. We just take it day by day and hopefully you'll be able to have some kind of air flow tomorrow!
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a fan of the Chiefs!!! I love that you are keeping a positive attitude even though it is HOT in your room...you are so right...it really will all come together! I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete