Monday, April 14, 2014

2 Weeks Till DC!

I can't believe that in just two weeks (a little less now) that I will be in Washington, DC and completing a half marathon!
Yesterday, Team DC had our Bon Voyage Party at our coaches house. We enjoyed food, talk about our upcoming trip and receive all our information for Race Weekend!
It's exciting and scary that it's so close!
Our Team In Training Singlets that we will wear along with the thousands of other Team In Training ladies from all over the country! My teammate Jessica, this is her FOURTH event with TNT, says she likes to try and guess the different chapters by the symbol on their jersey as she runs. I might have to take her up on that as I may get a little bored out there.
My good friend, training companion, and coworker Megan and I both earned Top Fundraising Awards!
I raised $3,700 and she raised $3,500!!
 
I missed "Peak Week" in training last week, as I started to battle an awful cold. I knew I didn't need it sticking around, so I took a sick day from work, slept 14 hours, popped DayQuil/NightQuil and I was 100% the  next day.
I'll have to remember that next time I get a cold when I think I just fight it for three weeks.
 
I still wasn't feeling 100% when I woke up last Saturday for our long run, so I chose to sleep instead, especially because I had to work 10-5 that day. The last thing I wanted was run 10 miles at 6:30 am and then be on my feet at the gym for 6 hours.
 
But the training won't run itself. So, I'm trying my best to get a run in every day this week. I'm following the We Run DC app and their training schedule:
 
Monday: 4 mi
Tuesday: 9 mi
Wednesday: Workout 45--I have to work that night, so this may be my rest day
Thursday: 5 mi
Friday: 4 mi
Saturday: 8 mi
Sunday: Rest
 
I have to work Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays evenings (which suck) so I have to work in the run sometime either before or after. I didn't work until 5 today, so I got my 4 miles in. Such a cool 80 degrees at 4pm, made for a humid and sunny run. But I ran through very nice neighborhoods, so I was able to stay in the shade.
I tell you, the wildlife in Florida is amazing. As I'm running lizards dart in every direction. It's like they see you coming and choose that's the best time to run across the sidewalk. I figure, their loss if I run over them. Also, squirels are at every corner.
When I ran the Riverside Dash, it followed along the St. John River, which is about the width of the Missouri; birds were EVERYWHERE!
 
I swear I feel like I lost my motivation. I just can't find it. I don't know what's going on while I run, I'll be thinking motivation and then my body will just stop. Seriously, it's like I didn't even make it stop, it just does.
I'm still looking for that "runner's high"
 
We'll see how that 9 miler goes tomorrow...I don't make any promises.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment