Sunday, April 6, 2014

What Comes After a 15k...

Three weeks from now I will have completed my first Half Marathon! 
It's crazy how fast it is approaching! I'm not 100% ready yet, but I'm so close. Since I struggle with running on my own, I decided to sign up for as many organized races as I could to help with my training. Like any sport or performance, practice and training are different than the real thing. Races are still a mental battle, but it's not only a battle with myself, but with the others around me.

This morning I completed the EA Sports Riverside Dash 15K in Sanford, FL. It was an easy and straight course that went right along the beautiful St. John River.
Source: Google Images via internet
I didn't do too bad, until mile 6. I got a wicked side ache that kept from doing any running at all. It came out of no where and I haven't gotten any side aches in my training so far. I tried all the old tricks: breathing through my nose, putting my hands above my head, drinking water, etc. But nothing worked. 
It killed for the next mile and half and totally slowed me down. It felt like I was being stabbed in the side, where I couldn't even run. It turned into a dull stabbing pain the last three miles.
I cannot let this happen to me during the half marathon. 
Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of them?
 Team In Training does Riverside Dash!

In one month I've finished a 5k, a 10k, and now a 15k! What's next?
Half Marathon!
Source: Google Images via Internet

I am still fundraising for 4 more days! Let's see those numbers go up!
Kate's Fundraising Page

Fundraising & Running Update
Longest Miles: 10.79
Money Raised: $3,700.36
Percentage to Complete: 116%
Amount to raise to ROCKSTAR STATUS$499.36
Days till Race: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment