Saturday, April 5, 2014

TNT Update 4.5

When does a runner in training stop hate running?
Where is this "runner's high" I've been hearing about?

Really, I want to know, because it doesn't seem to get any easier.

I ran the 10k and it wasn't easy, but I felt pretty good while I did ran and had energy through it all.



The following weekend we were scheduled to complete 12 miles…ya right. I settled for 8, but ended up doing 10.79. It was SO hard. I barely ran and the last 3 miles I thought I wasn't going to finish. I wanted to collapse. The worse part about running is that you have to finish, unfortunately your car won't come pick you up.

I'm running at 15k in the morning, God help me.


I also learned a hard lesson in hydration. 
I'm awful at remembering to drink water during the day and it caught up with me Thursday afternoon. Brandon and I signed up to run a 5k fun run for Tijuana Flats Restaurant charity Just in Queso and Special Olympics.




There is reason we have our long runs at the crack of dawn, because Florida gets VERY hot in the afternoons. We seemed to go from "winter" right into summer and at 6:45 pm it was 80 degrees and sunny.

I got through the first 2 miles and then started seeing spots…not good. I stopped for a little bit and started up again when I wasn't seeing the spots, but I wasn't feeling good anymore.
Mouth was feeling dry and my hands started getting tingly. I just wanted to finish and realized I need to change my thoughts on water.

As far as my fundraising goes, I still can't believe all the support I've gotten. Running does get a little easier knowing there are so many people who have "my back"

I am still fundraising till April 11th, let's keep it going!!!
100 donations of $10! 


Fundraising & Running Update
Miles: 10.79
Money Raised: $3,700.36
Percentage to Complete: 116%
Amount to raise to ROCKSTAR STATUS$500.64
Days till Race: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment