Wednesday, November 12, 2014

No Excuses & My First "Teacher Threads"

I have been absent for a very long time, and I have no excuses why.
I have been fighting to survive the first quarter of school and keep above float for the second. Everything I do in my classroom comes from a pre-determined lesson plan and there is very little time available to do much beyond that, so I haven't felt as though I had too much to share.
Every fun thing I get for the kids or do with them is a beg, borrow, or steal!
Thanks TpT and Pinterest!
 
I promise to get better! But I have said that before...
 
I have thought of doing an outfit segment for awhile but have yet to follow through on it. Mainly because I don't have a full length mirror.
I totally walked out of my last apartment on move out day thinking we had it all packed up....
 
guess what was left behind? snuggling behind our bedroom door.
 
So, when I was back in St. Louis, Mo this past weekend, I took full advantage of my high school full length mirror :-)
 
I want to use "Teacher Threads" (we'll see if that name sticks around) so show how to find/wear comfortable, affordable (!), and stylish clothes, while also being functional, to school. No matter where you live!
I spent my first 3 years teaching in Missouri, where it'll rain, sun, and snow all in one week, to now Florida. Where I can make flip flops last all year if I wanted!
 
But my first two outfits aren't even what I wore teaching, but it doesn't mean I won't adjust them to wear to school soon!
I flew out of Orlando very early and I knew I needed something with layers for the plane, and when I landed in St. Louis. I also was going to get breakfast with my dad, so I needed something that could be seen out in public.
 

Jacket- Old Navy (similiar here) Grey t-shirt-Old Navy (here) Scarf-Old Navy last year (similiar here ) Leggings-Forever21 (OLD) Ballet Flats-Jessica Simpson (here)
 
I still managed to get cold on the plane, but pulling my jacket hood over my face while I tried to get any sleep I could helped.
 
The only items I paid full price for was the ON jacket and the JS ballet flats. The leggings are SO OLD--college old--and I finally ordered a good pair of leggings today from the Nordstrom sale.
The grey shirt I found in the clearance section at ON for $8.
 
I am obsessed with the jean jacket with sweatshirt sleeves and hood.
When I "browse" in Old Navy I usually end up with 10 things in my arm and I talk myself out of most of them by the time I make it the check out.
I was getting ready to leave with a few choices when I saw this jacket on display and HAD TO HAVE IT! I put everything else back and got it.
 
The next outfit I wore that weekend was to a country concert in downtown St. Louis.
Again, I was coming from sunny and seventy Florida to breezy and chilly Missouri, so I made sure to layer.
Jeans-J. Crew Factory (similiar here) Shoes-Target (here) Shirt-Target (here) Vest-HWet Seal last year (similiar here) Scarf-Old Navy (here)
 
With the exception of the jeans and vest, most of that outfit was purhcased that day.
An outfit on Pinterest had caught my eye the day before and after seeing it; I didn't want to wear anything else.
 
I'd say I hit the nail on the head pretty well.
 
I had wanted to purchase beige booties for awhile and I finally had my motivation/reason/excuse--you pick.
I found the vest almost a year ago. I searched high and low for a fur vest. I couldn't even tell you how many stores I went into to find it. I also gave up before I passed by a Wet Seal..a store I haven't been into since high school..and up on the wall I saw it! I was over the moon! I also purchased it in black.
 
The outfit was really comfortable and I ended up taking off the scarf after awhile because it got so hot with the crowd. But I felt very comfy and country in it!
 
Hopefully this can become a regular thing for me, as I've always had a love for fashion, and especially the "Look for Less" and recreating inspirations.
 
I will tell you, the photograph quality will never be anything except my phone (which currently is a very old iPhone 4--thanks apple) or my camera that is nothing special.
Don't except high fashion blogging over here...just a twenty-something, regular gal, who spent one semester as a Fashion Merchandising major before becoming a teacher.
:-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment