Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekend Recap + Frozen Breakfast Burritos

Another weekend come & gone & the Sunday night blues have set in.

Friday night I got to hang out with my friend's new puppy, a King Charles Cavalier, named Pearl! Pearl is just 10 weeks old & just the cutest. But no "puppy fever" over here. That was fun to do just once.
Saturday I made a trip to the Gift For Teaching warehouse that is offered to Title I teachers in Central Florida. We are allowed to go once a month to stock up on classroom supplies for free. I got a ton of black folders donated by a lawyer's office to make privacy folders for my students.
I saved over $300 this trip! Such a blessing to have this for support.

Saturday was cleaning day & Sunday was crafting day!
I had planned on doing a little decorating for Thanksgiving, I had actually started a craft project using burlap & white pumpkins (I started it a few weeks ago) & haven't had time to finish. I decided just to pack it all up. Project will be waiting for me next year!
After Halloween I usually take down anything holiday specific and leave up the pumpkins and leaves. I am not one of those people to decorate for Christmas early, sorry I'm not sorry, those pilgrims and indians deserve their holiday fair & square. I will though pull out the Christmas decorations next week since I am spending Thanksgiving with my parents in New Symrna Beach & have Monday & Tuesday off from school. 
There may be bags & bags of new decorations in my car waiting to come inside!

Sunday the hubs had to work & I surprisingly woke up semi-early & had the desire to go for a run. Those are few & far between & with my second half marathon just 3 short months away I needed to take advantage of it. It was a absolutely beautiful morning & another reminder of how much I love our neighborhood & living in Central Florida…I believe it was snowing back in Missouri today?
I was able to do 2.6 miles. I ran the first mile at a 10:20 pace, which isn't too bad, & kept a 13 minute mile for the second at a walk/run pace.
I played my Half Marathon playlist while I was running & it was a happy reminder/painful awakening that I was struggling to do 2.6 miles compared to the 13.1 I was doing just 6 months ago.

I worked on two projects on Sunday. I think my run inspired me to finally frame my Nike Women's Half Marathon memorabilia from last spring. It is such a great reminder of all the support I received from everyone while I was raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
The second project is also running involved, but not completed yet. Stay tuned!

And finally the breakfast burritos! 
My coworker & I are determined to get healthy & more gym visits so I made us breakfast burritos that we can keep in the freezer & thaw in the morning at work. I am awful at eating breakfast in the morning, I think it has more to do with how early I have to get up & leave. My stomach just doesn't want to eat food at 6:45am & my body doesn't want to get up early enough to make anything. I ate much better when I was working an office job & didn't have to be there until 9am, & was able to make breakfast & eat at my desk.
Hopefully this will help! Took about 30 minutes of prep, 30 minutes to cook & 30 minutes to package. Makes about 15
I watched Addams Family Values while I cooked. 
(I believe it qualifies as a Thanksgiving film)

I had to make two separate batches because my coworker can't have peppers. Her's had mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes. Mine had everything.

Ingredients:

2 small containers of Egg Beaters (16 oz)
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
Baby Bell Mushrooms
1 tomato
spinach
Chicken Sausage (I wanted turkey but couldn't find what I wanted)
Skim Milk
Low Fat Cheese
Whole Wheat Tortillas

Dice peppers, mushrooms, and chicken sausage. Cook on a skillet until sausage is cooked and veggies are soft. Mix both containers of Egg Beaters with 1/2 cup of milk. Add egg mix to the skillet, let cook for 20-30 seconds (I let it go too long & got a little burnt. Keep mixing until it looks like scrambled eggs. Put into a bowl & take to the counter. Dish one big spoonful onto a tortilla & wrap. If you are like me & don't know how to wrap the perfect burrito, just google it, very helpful. Wrap in plastic wrap, put them in a gallon bag & place in the freezer! Excited to try them out in the morning.

I'll leave with you with some Monday morning inspiration.
Good night dolls!




No comments:

Post a Comment