Thursday, November 20, 2014

Positive Thinking, Thanks, + Threads

It's Thursday & I'm thankful, thoughtful & threading.
First linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughing: Positive Thinking Thursdays

The most positive thing I can think of is that tomorrow is the LAST day of school before a WHOLE WEEK off for Thanksgiving. 
Time to decorate my apartment full of Christmas decorations, catch up on work, get some much needed rest/rejuvenation, & prepare for my parents to come visit for Thanksgiving.

Now, I can get all sentimental on you & do the basic "thanks" for my husband, my family, my friends, my dog, my job…

Which I totally am but I'm trying to get a little more specific.

I am thankful to live in Florida as the winter season rolls around. I hate the cold & do not miss the hell that was outdoor recess duty from November-March. Orlando had a recent cold front blow through, and while it was a rude awakening to what I don't miss about Missouri, it was nice to pull out my boots, scarves, & layer up.
Canvas Jacket - Old Navy (here) Purple/Grey Shirt - TJ Maxx last year
Leggings -HUE (here) Boots- Target (3 years ago) Scarve- Gift
Didn't realize it wasn't very clear, but I was very happy with my ootd. It was in the lower 40s in the morning & I couldn't wait to bust out this jacket! I fell in love with it in Old Navy but after it was purchased, I realized it was harder to style & it's been way to warm to wear.

I got my new leggings from Nordstrom two days ago & I love them too! It was time to say adios to my Forever 21, college leggings, & make an adult purchase.


It's hard to tell in the picture but the shirt is a grey/purple color & the back is see through chiffon, so you have to wear a tank underneath. It's to the waist in the front & long (passed the bum) in the back & keeps me falling into the "leggings as pants" fashion fails.

I currently don't know where I'll put my mirror yet, so it's hanging out in my closet (hence the amount of clothes behind it).


Im thankful for Florida sunrises & sunsets! Every day is some beautiful painting!

I am thankful for creativity. I love crafting, DIYing, & drawing on my chalkboard.

And I'm thankful for the discovery of Once Upon a Time. Silly, I know, but I haven't had a new show in awhile & tend to get stuck watching reruns of reality junk I've watched 100 times. 
Disney + drama = duh!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening & if tomorrow is your last day before break: Congratulations! You made it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up!! I'm thankful that I live in Florida too!!!! I don't do well with the cold! Florida winters are more my speed. Enjoy your week off...I know I will! Happy Thanksgiving!
    -Elyse
    A is for Apples
    The Primary Pack

    ReplyDelete