Thursday, December 19, 2013

Alexander Family Christmas

I was so excited to throw our first party and combine all the things I love! 
Decorating my home for guests, finally using a lot of our wedding presents that have stayed in boxes, downing sangria, and playing drinking games.
Brandon first introduced me to Christmas Vacation when we started dating, I have no idea how I had never seen this movie till then, but I've been making up for lost time. And what goes great with awesome Christmas movies? Awesome drinking games to play along with awesome Christmas movies. Thanks to one of my favorite blogs Little Baby Garvin I used her amazing rules.


All of my Christmas decorations come from pre & post Christmas sales. Almost all of it came from Target last year. I also hit the clearance jackpot at Target two days ago. They were getting ahead of the game, but I'm not complaining. I scored lots of clearance Christmas kitchen goodies--most expensive piece was a snowflake bowl for $8. Who can argue with that?

I made Winter Sangria the night before and created homemade potpourri, both were equally amazing.

Winter Sangria:
1 bottle of Pinot
1 bottle sparkling apple cider
Couple bits of mint
1 cup cranberries
1 apple sliced
1 orange sliced

Stove Potpourri:
4 cups water (boil)
1 cup cranberries
Couple bay leaves
Whole Cloves
Cinnamon sticks
1 orange sliced




Brandon's shirt is from Khols & mine is from the boy's section in Target


 Couldn't resist---I SAID FREEZE!

I have made it a mission to have the Alexander Family Christmas party every year from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment