Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Where is my donation going?


Yes we can.

Thanks to my generous donations, I have reached my first goal of $800!! I am 25% to my total! I can't believe how much support I have gotten from my family and friends. But I'm still not there yet and it's on to my next goal of another $800 by December 31st.

This past weekend I worked at the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon in Cocoa, FL. It was my first time being a part of an event with Team In Training. If I ever had any doubt about if I could run a half marathon, it was squashed watching over 5,000 runners of all ages, shapes, & sizes run not only half marathons, but full ones too! I was so inspired by all the hard work I saw go into this event.
Team In Training had 62 participants run and they raised over $82,000!! So my $3,200 seems like pocket change.

Since today is #GivingTuesday I wanted to let me friends and family know where their money is going when they make a donation to my fundraising goal.

LLS is the world's largest voluntary (nonprofit) health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.

78% of every dollar raised goes directly to mission activities.

Since 1949, LLS, with your help, has invested almost $1 billion in research to advance therapies and save lives. 

But what is YOUR money going to for ME and why is my fundraising goal so high? 

Each race has it's own individual standard of cost, both to the participant and the organization who is running the event. Because my race requires a 3 night hotel stay, my fundraising commitment has been raised to cover that cost so that 78% of my total is still going directly into the mission. The donator also is not paying for my transporation to DC, that cost is on me.


Please donate today, and make a difference in the lives of many touched by blood cancer. As you can see, every dollar DOES make a difference!

Kate's Team In Training Page

No comments:

Post a Comment