Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Training Kick Off- 2 Miles

5:45 am, Saturday morning, sun isn't even up yet. But I am awake and suiting up for a morning run...
Excuse me? 
That's why Team In Training is such a vital necessity for my training. I would never do something like that on my own, I barely got out of bed as it is.

But I did it and I completed my first training day of 2 miles!
I warmed up with a fast walk for 5 minutes, ran about a mile and ended with a five minute cool down.

After we had all completed our miles, we celebrated with breakfast, sharing our stories and reasons we joined Team In Training, and got to hear from our Honored Hero.

Every Team In Training event has an Honored Hero that we run for. Our hero for Nike is named Jarred and he was diagnosed with Leukemia at the end of his senior year of high school. He is now in remission and studying journalism at UCF. It was so good to hear his story and see in person, the reason we are doing what we are doing.

Thank the good Lord, I live in Florida. I couldn't imagine (& wouldn't) train during the winter if I lived ANYWHERE else!



 I have hit my goal of 1/4 for November, but I feel like I'm hitting a bump on my second 1/4 goal of getting halfway to my commitment. The holidays and crazy life schedules are putting a damper in my fundraising, but as I continue to rack up the miles, I will continue to promote and hope that I can keep getting donations.
I want to see more little ones with shirts like this...don't you? 

Please donate to my fundraising page at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ncfl/nikewhlf14/kalexanjdj to make your stand against blood cancer today. Every dollar helps and every dollar goes to the direct mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 

If you are wondering where exactly your money is going, please visit my previous post at Where is my Donation Going?

Fundraising & Running Update
Miles: 2
Money Raised: $855.00
Percentage to Complete: 27%
Amount left to go:  $2,345
Days till Race: 131



No comments:

Post a Comment