Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Remembering 2013 & Cheers to 2014


It has been quite the year. There is no doubt it was life changing. It was full of so much fun, new experiences, a few breakdowns, stress, memories, and lots and lots of love.
We started the year off with a big snow storm and I enjoyed a few days off work, and I knew these may be my last snow days for awhile
 Brandon traveled to Guatemala for a medical mission trip
Had my first of three bridal showers, it is such a blessing to have so many wonderful people in my life who support Brandon and I.

Headed to Nashville for my bachelorette party. It was a weekend I will never forget!
We found out we were moving to Orlando, Florida! The nerves and stress began to settle in as we had to plan for a move to a new city and I began the stress of figuring out where my next career path would go.







































We got to meet two of the newest members of the "Squad" as two of our best friends had two beautiful little boys in May.
Brandon graduated medical school and became Dr. Alexander. I couldn't be more proud of him and more happy to be the women to walk by his side during his journey to make it to graduation and beyond.





A week later, we tied the knot and the whole weekend was just another reminder how lucky we are to have so many wonderful people in our lives. It was a "pinch-me, is this real life" day.
Spent our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It was perfect and I can't wait to plan another trip!




















We made the long move to Orlando, FL. We have adjusted very well and take advantage of all Florida has to offer. We miss all of our family and friends in MO, but if we have to move, Florida is the place to be.





 I spent the rest of the summer in MO spending lots of time with friends and family and celebrating the wedding of another great friend.


 I ended the summer with getting LASIK eye surgery and graduating from UMKC with my Masters of Arts in Education. I proudly earned academic honors and graduated with a 3.89 (that one dumb B from the spring semester!). Many tears and late nights were spent achieving that degree in two years while working full time and one part time job, proud of it and glad it's over.
My first trip back to MO was to celebrate one of my best friends weddings. I was so honored to be her Maid of Honor!
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family in Orlando and traveled to St. Louis for Christmas.

2013 has been a blessed year for us. I know there are many more blessings ahead of us, but to be honest. I'm ready for a low key year. Hoping for relaxation in 2014.

**Who can help get the Pinterest button off my pages? I can't find the URL in my template to remove it***

No comments:

Post a Comment