Monday, February 17, 2014

TNT Update 2.16

Many big things have happened with my training and fundraising for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC!

First: I have reached 56% of my fundraising goal! Wahoo to all my family and friends who have supported me in my training and fundraising for LLS. I still have a ways to go, but I feel so great knowing I have reached over the 50% and keeps me motivated to train.

Second: I have really started taking my training more seriously. I've picked up the slack during the week and really pushed myself on my long runs. I PR'd on my average mile time (2 minutes better) PR'd on my 5k (2 minutes faster), and completed 6.5 miles last Saturday--the longest I have ever gone in my ENTIRE LIFE! 
I was definitely hurting after that one. It required an ice bath afterwards. Took me back to my LHS Track & Field Days.






















Third: I signed & turned in my TNT recommitment paperwork. This means that I have fully committed to the race & my fundraising commitment. This requires me to give a credit card that will be charged any left over amounts from my fundraising commitment. So whatever is left come April 11th, will be my responsibility. And that is why is it so important for me to get support and donations for my training.

Fourth: I OFFICIALLY registered for the Nike Women's Race. When you fill out your recommitment paperwork, you are now able to register for the race. 

Fifth: I purchased my airplane tickets to DC! I found a really great deal for $117 each way, I had to take advantage of it. 

So it is OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL. DC Half Marathon or BUST!

Fundraising & Running Update
Miles: 6.5
Money Raised: $1,790.36
Percentage to Complete: 56%
Amount left to go:  $1,410.64
Days till Race: 69

I've made my commitment. Can you help me reach my goals? Please support me and make a donation today:

No comments:

Post a Comment