Saturday, February 22, 2014

TNT Update 2.22

I officially completed over HALF of a HALF MARATHON! 

For my Saturday long run I went for another mile since my PR last week and go for the whole 7 miles!
At 7am, when it starts to rain on the run and a strained muscle at mile 4, I am definitely looking more beast than beauty. I try to find something to capture on each run. This week, it started to rain around mile 5. We were winding down by this time and running through nice neighborhoods and talking about the different styles of houses. I noticed a patch of clovers and couldn't help but capture one of the them. No 4-leaf ones, but I love the vibrant green, the rain drops, the luckiness, & that St. Pat's is right around the corner!


I seem to have good days and tough days on my run. Again, when my alarm went off at 6:15, I kept thinking of how I could get out of it and what excuse I could give to not go. But that's not gonna work. I got dressed and headed to Meg's house. We were both in the same boat this morning. 
Our TNT group was training at a park 45 minutes away. It's hard enough for me to get up early on a Saturday, but even worse to get up even earlier and drive to something I don't want to do in the first place. So, on those days, my friend Megan and I run at the local parks.
We were thinking of our options for our run…we could do an easy 3-4 miles and be done, or we could beat our distance PR and complete 7. After some thinking we decided to bite the bullet and go big. The half marathon isn't getting any smaller.
It was a rough loop. It was through neighborhoods and along busy streets. The sidewalks were uneven, there were hills, it seemed to never end, and it rained at the end.
Last week at my 6.5 miler, I really pushed myself and that resulted in an ice bath. I still had some pain in my groin muscle and around mile 3.5 it was really starting to hurt and slow me down. 


Although it wasn't my best, there were good feelings afterwards knowing that I have officially ran over half of a half marathon. We were only 5 miles away from the whole thing.



CROSS TRAINING

 I've been trying to bring different types of cross training in my workouts and turn this half marathon into a full body workout. It is much more than training to run, but being active in everything. I have found that Groupon is the best place to find new exercises to experiment.
Trampoline Park

My new favorite activity has been Aerial Yoga. It has been great for stretching, strengthening, and core workout. And I feel pretty sweet doing it.
I took a lesson from Nike Women, "earn your selfie" and I'm trying!


I am obsessed with my Nike Studio Wraps. They were a special edition from the Nike Women's run in San Francisco last fall.



 Baldwin Park is my local running hole. It is a beautiful spot very close to where I live and work. It is a stunning place to run; very calm, easy run, and it's about 2.5 miles around.
And my FAVORITE after work out meal:

It is the BEST! I make sure to add a workout blast and a shot of leafy greens. It is perfect post workout!

 Fundraising & Running Update

Miles: 7.4
Money Raised: $1,815.36
Percentage to Complete: 57%
Amount left to go:  $1,384.64
Days till Race: 64

No comments:

Post a Comment