Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Daily/Weekly Regimens

As a bride, you are given many checklists about what needs to be done before the big day. And while many are things for the ceremony and reception, as I was getting closer to the 6 month mark I found there were a lot that I was supposed to be doing for MYSELF.

Now, just like working out, I'm not very good about having a routine daily/weekly for myself or my appearance. I have always been AWFUL about washing my face {and still am}. I was one of the lucky few in middle school that didn't get acne or break out, so I never saw the need. I would only purchase face wash when I went to summer camps because all my friends did. But even today, I'm still bad at it.

 FOR FACE:
The checklist recommends I start getting facials...well, instead I attended a Mary Kay party over Christmas break and purchased the Timewise Microdermabrasion kit for $80. Twice a week I give myself a mini facial and the treatments will last up until the wedding. I've already noticed how much softer my face feels.





 


I also have become very self conscious about the fine lines and wrinkles I've been noticing around my eyes. Seriously, the amount of baggage I am taking with every where is getting ridiculous.
For that, I purchased the Mary Kay Eye Firming Cream {$30, I got half off for $15}, I put that on every night before bed. I haven't noticed a huge difference yet, but I know that stuff takes time and only reduces the appearance.

FOR HAIR
I have thin and dry hair that couldn't grow an inch if my life depended on it. It's naturally wavy, so as soon as I discovered the straightener in high school it's been flat ironed. I started highlighting it senior year of high school, box dyed it in college, and once I graduated I got it professionally dyed, but still always blow drying and flat ironing.

As soon as I got engaged I immediately cut out the flat iron and blow dryer. Now my hair sees heat one, maybe two times a week, and I don't wash it everyday. 

Last night I tried the Coconut Oil treatment. I've read many different things about it, but from what I see it's makes your hair softer, helps repair it, and when massaged into the scalp it stimulates growth. So I heated up some Organic Coconut Oil, drenched my hair in it, wore it in a shower cap for an hour and washed it out. I can already tell my hair feels so much softer today...and is less static.  I'm going to start this a few times a week. 
I found this in the organic section of the grocery store for $8.


I started taking Biotin last year and immediately noticed a change in the growth of my nails, not as much in my hair, but taking vitamins are always good. It's also hard to keep up with taking them three times a day, especially when they taste like dirt. 
FOR EVERYTHING ELSE
The last regimen I started was....bum bum...waxing. I don't think I need to specify where.
 But let me tell you, that is it not for the wimpy or light hearted.
 I was told I needed it done around 4 times before the wedding.
And I will not sugar coat it for any of you, it was down right awful. I cringed, I scream, I cried.
But I will be back in February for round two. I'm told it gets easier...she better be effing right.

This is what I was thinking of the whole time.
 And the appointment only lasts 15 minutes.
Oh the things we do for love and beauty. I'm pretty sure Brandon thinks I'm crazy.
We are slowly approaching the 4 month mark, it's all getting real.

No comments:

Post a Comment