Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Project Wedding Bod & HELLO 2013

Well, it's here. 2013. 
2.0.1.3
I get to say adios to Miss Kate Alexandra Hamlin & become Mrs. Kate Hamlin Alexander!
Ok, ok. CLEARLY it's not a huge change, just a little rearranging, but, as my friend Karli would say EEEEE!

I talked to my MOH earlier today and it really started to hit me how close it is getting. Up till now it's been slow and steady. I've been knocking off my to-do list one thing at a time, but I had my first wedding insomnia...what if I forget something small? What if a detail gets overlooked, did I forgot to send a Save the Date.....

But, I also can't wait for the days to come! Bridesmaid dresses coming in a few weeks, my wedding gown will be where at the end of Feb, my first bridal shower is two months away, and I will be kicking up my cowboy boots with my BFFs in three months in Nashville.

Till then, I have become hard core {loosely} in project wedding bod. I've never, ever, had good motivation to work out, I've always been active and done sports/dance my entire life, but going to the gym {getting off the couch} just sounds AWFUL and I usually get to bored while working out that I leave early. 

Plus, I love McDonalds, and carbs, and Taco Bell, and Starbucks, and salt, and pizza. {trust me, that's not changing anytime soon!}

My excuse the last 3.5 years was that I'll work out more when I get engaged..well, here we go, no more excuses. Every time I talk to others about working out I am always told I don't need to. I think people mistake working out for wanting to lose weight, and that is not my intention. I am healthy and right at a weight that is perfectly fine for my height and I have always been like that. I thank my genes. But being skinny doesn't mean I don't get winded walking up three flights of stairs to pick up my students, or that I can barely run a mile. I am also a girl, there are always things with my body I would love to improve.

I will be spending a week at a beach wearing bikinis and I want to feel awesome while I'm doing that. So, when I'm in pain in a plank or doing high knees, this is what's in my head:
Playacar Palace in Rivera Maya Mexico and this adorable, newlywed appropriate bikini from VS.



















Right before break I signed up at Title Boxing Club. 
I had taken a few classes through a groupon last spring and really enjoyed it. I just didn't have the time or extra money at the moment. Now, I can sacrifice an outfit or HH here and there.
I loved Title Boxing because I am constantly moving and the moves are always changing, the instructors don't let you get bored, and not gonna lie, I feel pretty badass in my hand wraps and gloves.
Hoping to get there at least three times a week and last month, my friend Nicki and I started doing insanity, that nearly killed me. Then I got sick and was out of commission for a week and the next week Nicki got strep, and then it was break. So that will start up again soon.

I started working on my DIY wedding projects today. One included lots and lots of wine corks...thanks mom :-)

I hope you all rang in the new years in your own special way.
2013 is the biggest, most eventual year of my life thus far, I am beyond ready for my life to change this year and this says it perfectly:


No comments:

Post a Comment