Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wedding Bod Week 1

How did week one of project wedding bod go?
I.feel.amazing.
And so proud of myself.

I don't want to get too far ahead, but so far so good.

I jumped right into Title Boxing and worked out Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Each class is an hour and is a mix of boxing, abs, cardio, planks, jumps, etc. After just two classes, I could already feel myself getting stronger, lasting longer, and trying harder. 
I can't wait to see how I do after a month.

My weakness is Diet Coke/Dr. Pepper and I haven't had one all week...which for me is huge, I LOVE soda. Especially, when we have a fully stocked fridge at work and it's offered at all our meetings.

I'm really not sure who I'm turning into, but it's not as bad as I thought.

Here are some tricks of the trade I've found to help reach my goals and make it easier.

My new favorite dinner: Morning Star veggie burgers, I like the Spicy Black Bean & Avocado; I pair with the multigrain sandwich bread and organic Ketchup {that I bought by accident}
120 calories

100 Calories











 Breakfast: I eat breakfast on the go and headed out the door, so these are great to start my morning. 20 seconds in the microwave and I get a chocolate treat on the way to work.










Before or after each workout I have a banana with peanut butter. Which deserves another pat on the back because I have never finished a fruit purchase before it goes rotten.












The biggest thing I knew I needed to work on is drinking more water. Some days I would go the entire day without drinking water.
I'm a soda and milk girl.
Then I saw these water bottles on Pinterest and it seemed the easiest way to keep track of my water drinking during the day.
I purchased two 32 oz water bottles from Wal-Mart for $5 each and I marked them by hour. My goal is the finish one before lunch at 11:45 and the second by the end of the school day 3:30.
I also drink another one the afternoons I work out, and drink one Venti-size Starbucks cup of water at lunch.
I did a lot of research on how much water is good and the best advice I got was to try for 1 ounce of water per weight. 

The first day was tough, especially being a teacher, you need to visit the restroom .a.lot.
Plus, I felt a lot of water weight/bloating...which is the opposite of what I wanted. But day two was easier, day three was even easier, and now I am choosing water over soda. {what?}




And lastly, the protein thing. I walked into The Vitamin Shoppe thinking there would be a whole section on women friendly protein shakes....hell no. I was so overwhelmed I didn't even know what or where to start; I asked for help but really didn't get any, just felt more confused. I ended up purchasing a few tester packets.
The chocolate ones...gross.
The vanilla ones...sick.
And I didn't want to have to whip up a blender-made protein meal every time.

I did find one that so far I can do, it may only have 6g of protein, but I figure as workout recovery it will be fine, and it tastes like lemonade and mixes with my water.
So there it is, week one done.
Hope I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment