Friday, February 22, 2013

2nd Bedroom

So, I know you are just DYING to know how that second bedroom organization is coming along...

well, there's a reason why I haven't updated in two months.

It looks basically the same.

Remember this picture and how my life is looking right now. Well, you would think it would be nice to have an organized second bedroom, but the fact is, I am trying.

I've abandoned the thoughts of a nice, neat, and organized room, but am now moving towards the plan of a room to store the bins of wedding stuff, honeymoon stuff, and packing up gifts we've received. After a few bridal showers, I'll be able to assess what we can sell and what we need to store. So for now, we are keeping things in their boxes, with the exception of the Keurig, that puppy is getting used daily!
I HAVE made progress in the room though and will share!
That is what the side of the room looked like before. I moved our DVD shelf inside of the closet and moved Brandon's guitars to the other side next to his drum set.
That is where I set up the metal shelf with my bins.















I painted the wooden tags with chalkboard paint and hot glued them to the outside of the baskets. I now have a basket for hot glue, fabric/yarn/ribbons, Brandon's papers, wedding information, and photos.
This has been very helpful for a place to keep things I need frequently. I also keep my wedding binders on this shelf and I have purchased a few clear bins to start keeping things I've collected for the wedding (frames, shoes, garter, corks...)



So, while I've given up on having this fabulously organized room, I just want a space to store bins of our crap!

We will know Brandon's residency match in 20 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment