Monday, February 11, 2013

Cleanse Day 1


Dr. Oz's 3-Day Detox Cleanse One-Sheet

I started the Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse and detox this morning. My stomach has been bothering my lately and I think this will be a really good way to cleanse out my system of all the toxins and build up and restore my body.
I printed off this sheet and went shopping. The website claims it's $16 a day and in the comments from others they said they spent around $50. I don't know where these people were shopping but I spent $80!












Night before:
I cut up the cucumbers, celery, spinach leaves, kale leaves, and lemons and separated them into Tupperware according to the amount that would go in a shake.

I pre-made the 2 breakfast drinks and the 2 lunch drinks and put them in my fridge.

Day 1:
I started off in the morning with my detox tea, the slice of lemon really gave it a sweet taste.
When I was shopping I couldn't find Stevia...and figured I was fine without it.
My plan was to eat the breakfast drink before I left, but I can never get up on time, so I ate it on the way to work, while packing away my lunch and snack (breakfast) drink.

Breakfast:
The breakfast drink was pretty tasty. When I was shopping I couldn't find any fresh raspberries and completely forgot about purchasing frozen ones, so I substituted with a cup of blue berries. I'll make sure to pick up frozen ones after work today.

I usually have a morning snack with my students around 10:30..so about this time I was starting to get hungry and really craving some carbs.

Tips:
I was confused about the "supplements" so instead I just purchased capsules and are taking all three every day.

I am continuing to drink the same amount of water I was prior (10 cups a day). I believe that will be fine and keep me full. 

Lunch:
I was pretty hungry, but the lunch shake is rather large; it's the size of a 32 oz tumbler. I found drinking it through a straw was the easiest way. It went down just fine, and the cucumber made it very refreshing. 
But OF COURSE today was Bosco Sticks for lunch, so while my coworkers were eating cheese filled bread sticks dipped in marinara, I was sucking down liquefied cucumbers and celery stalks. {{honeymoon, honeymoon, honeymoon}}

Tips:
Keep it cold, mine had been in the fridge all morning, which made it very easy to drink. Because of how large it is, it was a lot to eat, but I knew I would get hungry later, so I forced myself to drink the whole thing.

Feeling full now, but really wanting some carbs....

3:15---I am feeling the hunger..ready for my snack, only 45 more minutes to wait

Snack: At four, I had my afternoon snack, the favorite drink. Now while this isn't necessarily my favorite, it was easy to make. Hoping it'll fill me up till after I work out.

Tip: They say make your favorite shake, but some of the ingredients were only enough for the specific shake, i.e. the lunch shakes each need a cucumber, the grocery list only has you buy three cucumbers...so no making another shake unless you buy more.

Dinner: I made to Title Boxing and by the end I was ready for "dinner." This shake involved cayenne pepper, which I read in a blog adds a little kick...and BOY it sure did! I was really worried for this meal because it involved the pepper and coconut water (which I find disgusting!) but again surprisingly tasty..minus the "kick" at the end.

Tip: I ended up having to make a night trip to HyVee because I was out of blueberries and never bought raspberries. Having the full amount in my shakes really changed the color and I'm sure they will be even yummier!


Tomorrow's meals: Breakfast, lunch, snack, & dinner!
All in all today wasn't bad. I'm definitely missing my carbs, I could go for a pepperoni pizza right now and it was hard to turn down all the snacking opportunities. 

But for real, nothing taste as good as skinny feels and after a month of working out consistently, and almost completely changing my diet I can proudly say that my body is changing-- 
inside and out!

I told myself it's not about the number on the scale but how I felt and my goal was to lose some inches instead of pounds. I measured different parts of my body (3 places on the thigh, and around my waist) on January 2nd and measured again at the first of February and I have lost 1/2 inch in every spot!

So cheers to healthy living!


Now..onto my DETOX Bath.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment