Friday, February 22, 2013

Pinterest Party & Valentine's Day




I've wanted to through a Pinterest Party forever and I finally pulled one together! I hosted a Valentine's theme party and I was able to have it at my friend Sara's house.





 
Each person was required to provide a "Pin-spired" meal, either dessert, appetizer, or drink and I would buy the supplies for our craft.







The craft I found was a Red Topiary Tree from Classy Cutter. You need 6 inch styrofoam balls,clay pot and paint it white, wooden dowel, florist foam blocks, red crepe paper, and pearls. 
















We ended up not finishing our craft, partly because we started our craft a little late, and because you have make a zillion rosettes from the crepe paper. We got about half way done and will have pinterest party part two next Wednesday to finish. 


Some of the yummy treats:


Strawberry & Angel Food kabobs
Funfetti Dip

Now, my own decorations. I love having a mantle that I can decorate for each holiday, can't wait until my future one is a little bigger! And I love that I got to continue using the mercury vases from my Christmas decorations.
I'm loving the look of banners, and still have a love for printables.
I purchased red burlap, white felt, and twine from Hobby Lobby for my "lovely" banner.
Don't you just love, love?

Cut out a triangle from the burlap, cut out a heart from the felt and lightly glue down to burlap. I tried to sew the twine through the burlap but the burlap started to come apart, so back to the glue gun.







No comments:

Post a Comment