Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cleanse Day 2 & I cracked.

Day 2 is tougher.

I got a late start again this morning, so good thing I pre-made my shake, it was even yummier with the raspberries and it was easy to eat on the way to work. I will for sure be making this for my breakfast beyond the cleanse.

Again, I got really hungry around 10:30 when I'm usually eating a morning snack, luckily I teach from 10:30-11:45, so my hunger was masked by keeping busy with the kids.

Lunch: I think the school lunch gods are against me, today was buttered noodles, the butteriest, cheesiest, carb-tastic meal. And I had to pass. I also had to sit in the cafeteria with the kids today...imagine, sitting around all those peanut butter sandwiches, pretzels, chips.... it was really hard.

My shake tasted fine, but it was harder to take down. I got half done and now have it sitting on my desk, hoping to eventually finish it.

Right now, I'm thinking of quitting after today. 2 days of a cleanse sounds pretty good to me.

We'll see how the day goes.

One of my students brought in King Cake and we had a Mardi Gras party...I may have snuck a small, very tiny piece. Ooops.




Alright, I caved. While the cleanse was fine, it made me feel like I would go overboard on my next meal. I literally felt like I could eat a whole pizza or considered going to McDonalds, not necessarily from hunger, but lack of carbs. This feeling was the EXACT opposite of what I wanted from this cleanse or what I wanted from my new healthy living.

I have been fast food free for a month now and only had soda once every two weeks. I didn't like that I was considering cheating or that "I deserved" McDonalds. 

So, I had my last shake at lunch and on the way to night class I stopped at the gas station and got a lunch-able and a diet Snapple.

I then restocked on my veggie burgers, lean pockets, and fruit.

In honor of Fat Tuesday, I did get Chipotle on the way home (chicken bowl, with brown rice, black beans, pico, cheese, lettuce, and a little sour cream)

Back to my regular healthy living. I lost inches and pounds not because of a cleanse or fast diet, but because I worked really hard for 4 weeks, and that's what I'm going to keep doing.

Happy Lent to all and good luck! I am keeping myself fast food free, but also NO MORE soda, not even once every few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment